This comprehensive 12 hour blended paediatric first aid training course is for Professional child carers including pre-school, nursery and reception year teachers and childminders caring for children under the age of 8.
The course content meets requirements set out by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for First Aid in Early years settings.
The Blended Paediatric First Aid Training is in 2 parts:
Part 1, involves completing our interactive e-learning module and can be done any time before you attend the face-to-face training. You will be sent a link to the e-learning module when you book this course.
Part 2, is a one-day face-to-face course where you will learn and demonstrate all the practical sections of the course.
Course syllabus includes:
- Role of a first aider, accident reporting and the first aid box
- Action planning in an emergency
- Unconscious baby, child or adult
- CPR on a baby, child or adult
- Choking Casualty on baby, child or adult
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
- Treatment for bleeding, shock and burns
- Treatment for sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Eye, nose and ear obstructions
- Childhood conditions including; asthma and respiratory infections, diabetes, meningitis, epilepsy (and seizures) and the Imbalance of heat in the body.